Note to Self: Relax


I thought I would keep some people up to date with my life. Mostly my friends and my distant friends but if my blog readers would like to listen then read on! 

The past month has been a hard one for me.  I was feeling pain for many weeks on my right side.  As a stay at home mom it was difficult because I could barley take care of myself and my daughter.  My husband is very supportive and helpful when he is not working.  But I spend most of my time laying down.  Not something you want to do with a toddler at the beginning of summer. 

After a while I went to the Dr., then the ER, and finally they told me I had a ruptured ovarian cyst.  I was glad to find out what it was, but the only solution was to take a large amount of pain killer.  This is something I did not want to do as a stay at home Mom.  

So I have been taking some medicine to make the pain less but I still have pain. I want to be playing and holding my daughter more.  Right now she wants to cuddle and I would love that but she keeps kicking and sitting and hopping on my stomach   After seeing this post on facebook about Motherhood I am not alone in feeling that I could be more of a mother.  

One of the sentences she wrote was "...find my identity in the God who trusted me with these kids in the first place.".  While I may not have enough energy to do what I think my daughter needs, God has entrusted me with her.  We are blessed to have her in our lives even when my body tells me I need to lay down most of the day. 

I know there are many others Moms out there that have many more obstacles than a short amount of pain.  I feel blessed to have friend and family who I can talk to and care about our family.  Soon I will be on the other side of this season and onto the next.  Bring it on.  Until then I am going to just relax and enjoy my laying down time :).  




About Lisa Rusczyk

Lisa Rusczyk is the founder of Charlie The Cavalier (a blog about Charlie her dog, and her friends, family and home) and founder of 50ThingsToKnow. Lisa is a Doctoral student in Educational Leadership who happened to start writing her first book 50 Things to Know Before Having a Baby after her little girl was born. Her book sold over 1,000 copies in the first year on Amazon. Today, she has over 10 books and helps others self-publish. Further, she shares this information with the public via this blog, FacebookYouTubePinterestTwitter, and recently on a local television station. Lisa knows that like her there are a lot of people who would like concise information on a topic in one digital location. Lisa is known for her simple and effective tips.

Facebook      Pinterest      Google Plus      Google Plus      Google Plus      Google Plus      Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think. Your comments make me smile.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...