16 Tips for Mom's to De-Stress

I am now a stay at home Mom for a one year old, and working on finishing my doctorate.  Along with many other titles I give myself, I need to reduce stress!  Here are some tips on how I personally reduce stress in my life.  Image Found Here.

1.  Journal

I am an Oprah lover!  She taught me the importance of journaling.  I have been journaling since my junior year of high school.  Writing in a journal is a great way of getting your thoughts all on paper. I even count my book as journaling because I can review my work to see what I thought in the past and how I have changed.  

2. Walk with a Friend

I love to walk and talk to people.  I love to listen to others thoughts.  I like to talk out my problems with friends but can find it easier when we are walking. 

3. Tea Time

When ever I feel stress with work/school/kids I get a cup of tea.  Just taking out 5 minutes to make the tea is enough time to reset my mood.  The warmth feels good in my body.  And usually after a tea break I can get things done faster.

4. Organize

This may be weird but when I am stressed I organize something.  This relaxes me.  Just seeing that i have control over a small thing makes me realize I have control over the big things too.  Even if it is your desk drawer.  You could also start in your kitchen

5. Write a Thank You Note

Give gratitude for what you have.  Changing your mindset may change the situation.  Even just a nice note to a friend that is helpful on facebook or a text message can work. 

6. Dancing In The Shower

I like to listen to music in the shower and dancing.  

7. Prayer

Praise, Repent, Ask, and Yield.   Faith will help you though it

8. List Worries

Create a list of what is worrying you.  Possibly listing the positive and negatives with give you different insights. 

9. Relax

When I have trouble sleeping I listen to this self confidence 10 minute hypnotherapy.  I usually fall asleep half way through. 

10. Friends

Just being around other relaxes me.  We love playing board and card games.  

11. Pandora Comedy

Listen to Pandora comedy channel.  Free jokes from famous comedians for free.  

12.  Eat Chocolate

Not to much but just a little.  I prefer Dark Chocolate.  

13.  Light Therapy

They have lamps for this in your office.  But is is best to go outside get some fresh air and just stand in the sun when you can.  

15.  Look At Nature

Try and go for a walk to see some trees.  If you can't get to some nature, you can purchase some flowers for your desk.  

16. Yoga

I did not realize the power of Yoga until I was 8 months pregnant.  It felt so good in a time of stress on my body. 





If you like this article please pin it!  

About Lisa Rusczyk
Lisa is the creator of the blog Charlie-The-Cavalier and His Friends, Family, and Home.  She is also the author of 50 Things to Know Before Having a Baby..  Send Lisa Rusczyk and email at lbrennec@gmail.com.  
Facebook      Pinterest      Google Plus      Google Plus      Google Plus      Google Plus      Google Plus



Charlie the Cavalier Travels the World

downloadJoin Charlie the Cavalier on his travels around the world. While away he will video chat, send post cards, call on the phone, and text the people he misses at home. He even brings home his best friend Lilly a present. A great way to show kids how you will stay connected while you are away from home. Kids will also learn different landmarks around the world.


Charlie the Cavalier Begs for Attention

unnamedIn this infectious rhyming read-aloud, Charlie the Cavalier travels with the little girls Mom to the airport and beyond when the little girl has to stay home. The little girl is confident that when her Mom travels with Charlie that he will protect, entertain, and get her Mom back home safely. Children will relate to the little girls need for comfort when a family member is away, as much as parents will appreciate Charlie the Cavaliers reassuring message.


Charlie the Cavalier Goes to the Amusement Park

Charlie the Cavalier Goes to the Amusement Park Join Lilly and her best friend Charlie on their next adventure to the amusement park. They enjoy the amusement park and your children can learn how act around others while they are there. In each picture is a hidden heart to find too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think. Your comments make me smile.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...