5 Reasons Why I Hate Freezer Meals!

I tried freezer meals that I pinned on my pinterest board.  I went out and bought all the stuff, put them all together then put them in the freezer.  So far so good.  But then this is where is went down hill.  Sorry pinterest, I love you but not your crock pot freezer meal ideas!!!



Here are the reasons I HATE crock pot freezer meals:

  1. Sometimes I will try a new recipe and make three meals out of the ingredients.  Then I realize we don't like the meal, and there is two more waiting for us in the freezer.  
  2. If you don't have them in a couple weeks, the potatoes and other things start going bad.  When you heat them up they don't taste good.
  3. You need to dethaw the bag.  So either I do this in the morning by trying to run the bag under hot water until I can put the chunks in the crock pot, or I remember to dethaw it the night before in the fridge and all the juice runs all over the refrigeration that I need to clean up.  
  4. The recipes usually call for some spices that I don't have.  So I pay $12 for three spices I only use once.  
  5. After dinner is over you need to clean the crock pot.  You can buy the liners so you don't have to clean the thing, but you have to pay for them.  We had a sink in our old apartment where the crock pot did not even fit in the sink.  I let the crock pot soak the night and then the mess is waiting for me in the morning  

I do LOVE my crock pot or slow cooker or what ever you want to call it.  This crock pot is programmable!  I love putting the ingredients in the morning, and coming home to a good smell and dinner that is ready.     



About Lisa Rusczyk
Lisa is the creator of the blog Charlie-The-Cavalier and his Friends, Family, and Home.  She is also the author of 50 Things to Know Before Having a Baby.  Send Lisa Rusczyk an email at lbrennec@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Next week I'll be posting 5 reasons why Lisa is crazy for not loving freezer meals! ; )

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think. Your comments make me smile.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...