Here are the reasons I HATE crock pot freezer meals:
- Sometimes I will try a new recipe and make three meals out of the ingredients. Then I realize we don't like the meal, and there is two more waiting for us in the freezer.
- If you don't have them in a couple weeks, the potatoes and other things start going bad. When you heat them up they don't taste good.
- You need to dethaw the bag. So either I do this in the morning by trying to run the bag under hot water until I can put the chunks in the crock pot, or I remember to dethaw it the night before in the fridge and all the juice runs all over the refrigeration that I need to clean up.
- The recipes usually call for some spices that I don't have. So I pay $12 for three spices I only use once.
- After dinner is over you need to clean the crock pot. You can buy the liners so you don't have to clean the thing, but you have to pay for them. We had a sink in our old apartment where the crock pot did not even fit in the sink. I let the crock pot soak the night and then the mess is waiting for me in the morning
I do LOVE my crock pot or slow cooker or what ever you want to call it. This crock pot is programmable! I love putting the ingredients in the morning, and coming home to a good smell and dinner that is ready.