Good, Cheap and Healthy: 130 Family Meals We All Love and are Easy on the Budget

This weeks guest blog post comes from another Amazon Author named Velesa.  She wrote a great cook book with over 100 recipes.  This is the 5 star book review I wrote for the book.  Thanks for the post and I hope some of readers can try some of the recipes and tell us how good they are! 

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Inexpensive Meals April 15, 2013
Format:Kindle Edition
There are many great recipes that I can't wait to try in this book. There are many salads that are great for this summers picnic season. The Apple, Celery and Walnut Salad is my favorite. There is many good recipes in this book, 130! Great amount of recipes for the price.
In my book 50 Things to Know to Downsize Your Life, I write about how you should keep your cookbooks in digital format to save space in your kitchen. This would be a great book to have in your kindle collection to keep your recipes online and organized.   

I decided to write Good, Cheap and Healthy: 130 Family Meals We All Love and are Easy on the Budget because I realized that there are more and more people struggling financially.  I wanted to share my experience and recipes because living in an ex-Communist country that is still one of the poorest within the EU has taught me to find the cheapest ways possible to cook delicious, healthy meals, that are also easy on the budget. 
Some of our favourite recipes are those inexpensive dishes that we had at home when we were growing up, like Roast Chicken, Chicken and Potatoes, Chicken with Rice, Green Salad, Shredded Egg Salad, Summer Macaroni Salad, Meatloaf, Ground Meat Stuffed Peppers or Meatballs in Tomato Sauce. So today, these meals are frequently on our table and are especially loved by our kids. Other recipes I have collected or modified over the years to fit our taste and needs.

We make lots of soups, casseroles and one pot dinners, bean and rice dishes, or stewed vegetables with rice, noodles or pasta. We eat lots of greens, potatoes, squash, cabbage and other less pricey vegetables, prepared in a variety of ways. Lentils, beans, green peas and chick peas, are all inexpensive and the recipes to prepare them are also endless.

Cooking on a budget is a skill you learn over time. It takes a little more time and planning but in the end it turns out that the more you focus on preparing meals at home and purchasing local, unprocessed produce - the healthier and tastier your meals will be, and the more money you'll save.





Facebook      Pinterest      Google Plus      Google Plus      Google Plus      Google Plus      Google Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think. Your comments make me smile.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...