Allergy Shots - Tips and Tricks


I have had allergies all of my life. I finally went to a allergist. They did a skin prick test and identified what I as allergic to. Dust, tress, grasses, and dogs. I always thought I was allergic to cat my entire life, but no, it is dogs. At the time when I found out we just got a new puppy. 

After adding nasal sprays, medicine, and eye drops, I decided to start allergy shots. These are regular injections of the things I am allergic to desensitize my immune system. I may have to do the shots for years but I am excited for the outcome. 

I go to the Dr. two times a week and get a shot in each arm. I then have to wait 30 minutes to make sure I don't have a large reaction. So far I have not. Here are some bits if you are getting allergy shots. Remember I am just a patient. 


  1. Stay Consistent:

  2. Attend all scheduled allergy shot appointments and follow the recommended injection schedule without missing doses. Consistency is key to achieving the desired therapeutic effects.
  3. Communicate with Your Allergist:

  4. If you experience any unusual or severe reactions after receiving allergy shots, inform your allergist immediately. They can adjust your treatment plan accordingly or provide additional guidance to manage your symptoms.


  5. Take your Medicine:

  6. They always ask me if I took my medicine before my shots.

  7. Be Patient:

  8. Allergy shots typically require time to achieve noticeable improvements in symptoms. It may take several months to a year before you start experiencing significant relief. Stay patient and committed to the treatment process.

  9. Wear a shirt you can take off easily:

  10. I get the shots in the back of my arm. Sometime sit is cold so I make sure I can take off my long sleeve shirt easily.

  11. Stay Hydrated:

  12. Drinking plenty of water before and after allergy shots can help minimize side effects and promote overall well-being.

  13. Plan Ahead:

  14. Schedule your allergy shot appointments at times that are convenient for you and fit into your daily routine. This can help ensure that you're able to adhere to your treatment plan without disruption.

Let me know if you have any other questions or tips for others going though this process.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think. Your comments make me smile.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...