There is a one year old roaming around our house all day! Our house looks a little different. Here are some of the things we did to make our house more baby proof. Some were free, and some cost a little money but we feel it was worth it. This kit has many things that would be a great baby shower gift: door knob covers (if you have round handles), easy to install, but easy to lose, switch protectors, and latches. We just put the latches on all of our kitchen and bathroom cabinets so we would feel more comfortable letting our baby roam around the house.
2. Stove Knob Covers- We have a gas range with 5 burners. These were very helpful to keep our little one from turning on the gas.
3. Baby Gate- This baby grate is great because you can open it with one hand. The gate we own has a different latch. I have been told you need a special gate for the top of the stairs so if it does fall down by accident, there is no injuries.
4. Baby Blanket Over Door- To keep little fingers from being pinched, I just lay a baby blanket over the top of the door. A free alternative. You can take the blanket off when the baby is sleeping to quietly shut the door.
5. Oven Lock- Our ovens locks itself. But if you don't have a self locking oven you may need one. My daughter uses this as a bar to hold onto. The only problem is when the oven is on you can not lock it.
6. TV Stand Without Stuff- Put your DVDs (if you still have them) somewhere else. A plain tv stand with a tv gets less attention from a baby.
7. Turn side tables around- This table has a drawer on the front. We turned the table around so she could not get to the drawer. She was beginning to hang on the grawer when we did this.
8. Tub Stopper- Let Bath time fun begin!
9. Child locks on all cabinets. Yes even the pots and pans.