Breastfeeding Journey Reflection


**For breastfeeding week I thought I would share my story.

For those of you who don't know me well I have two girls age 5 and 8. Before I had kids I did not spend any time with babies. I did not even change a diaper before my first child. I also did not spend any time with breastfeeding Moms.

When I had my first child I tried very hard to breastfeed. I read about it and had them teach me at the hospital. When I got home I "gave up" and pumped for about a month and fed her with the bottles that I pumped. I hid in the bedroom when I pumped. The time that it took to pump and clean everything was so much on top of a newborn child. I then switched to bottles which again took some time to clean. This time was exhausting with a new baby figuring out what my new world looked like.

Some women pump, clean, and go to work while having a newborn baby which is amazing.

After having my first child I spend much more time around other Moms. One of my friends even breastfed without a cover around her brother. At the time this felt foreign to me. I saw how there was breastfeeding at church, my favorite coffee shop, and anywhere really.

Then when my second child came along I tried again. I went to a breastfeeding group at our local library (Ross Library, Lock Haven). I had the lactation consultant come in when she was little. I exclusively breastfeed her for one year.

I got through thrush, a tongue-tied child, and blocked milk ducts. I have anxiety in places that have lots of clutter. I was able to breastfeed there. I went to the breastfeeding rooms at Sesame Place, Knoebles, and the Clinton County fair. Some times on road trips to my parent's house I would stop at every other exit on Route 80 and the turnpike to feed her in the car when she was crying. She never wanted a pacifier either. I did not even try a bottle one time. A very special time period between a Mom and Child. I am proud of myself for making it through this time.

I am writing this to tell the future you that breastfeeding is a journey. In each step, you will learn and grow. I have loved reading your stories and hopefully, in sharing mine we can make breastfeeding a comfortable relaxing natural process.

** If you would like to read more about my pregnancy, you can read some of my posts from 8 years ago on my blog. I am sure some of it is still relevant. http://charlie-the-cavalier.blogspot.com/20…/…/37-weeks.html






About Lisa Rusczyk

Author Dr. Lisa Rusczyk is the founder of CZYK Publishing which includes the Greater Than a Tourist travel books, 50 Things to Know books, and Charlie the Cavalier Children's Books.    Lisa has a Doctorate in Educational Leadership who happened to start writing her first book 50 Things to Know Before Having a Baby after her little girl was born. Her book sold over 1,000 copies in the first year on Amazon. Today, she has more than 50 books. Lisa and her husband have two daughters, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel named Charlie, and love to travel.  Further, she shares this information with the public via this blog, FacebookYouTubePinterestTwitter, and recently on a local television station. She loves to teach others in a concise way in digital format.  Lisa is known for her simple and effective tips.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think. Your comments make me smile.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...